Sunday, October 9, 2016

  1. Week 2 - Topic 1 - Social Listening

    The company that I have selected is Vortex Optics. Vortex Optics position themselves a company that provides reliable, quality product in every price range.  One factor that differentiates Vortex Optics from other optic brands is that they provide an unlimited lifetime warranty on all of their products. If I were to buy a Vortex Scope, throw it out a window, and send in my old one, in request of a new one, the company would provide me with a new scope, free of charge and free of questions. 

    When I looked on different social media platforms, I noticed that the majority of reviews were very good ones. A lot of the positive talk regarding Vortex was in relation to the customer service and warranties that they offer.

    Another factor that I noticed (particularly on Instagram) was that the brand often engaged with their customers. They put questions in the captions of their Instagram to make customers interact with the brand in general.


    If I were the brand manager, I would make sure to reply to all of the positive comments in order to bring attention to them on the page and reaffirm our care for the individual customer. 

    I wasn't able to find any negative comments on Twitter or Instagram, and the only way I could find them was by looking on Facebook at the reviews.  One negative review was as follows:
    As the brand manager I would reply immediately to the customer, give them my email address and take the concern off social media, allowing me to interact on a more personal level with the customer. I would do my best to fix any problem they had.

No comments:

Post a Comment